[채용] 국제이주기구(IOM)한국대표부 Policy and Communications Coordinator 모집 (~24 Oct) (마감)
Position Title: Policy and Communications Coordinator
Duty Station: Seoul, Republic of Korea
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G6
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term (SST), Nine months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date: October 24, 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Office (HoO) in Republic of Korea (RoK), and in coordination with relevant units at the Headquarters (HQs) and the Regional Office (RO), the successful candidate will provide technical support for the development and implementation of specific thematic activities at mission level as illustrated in the core functions and responsibility section.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Monitor internal and external environment and relevant policy, legislative and political developments, emerging trends and provide regular updates to the mission.
- Support the HoO in Identifying migration policy issues in the Republic of Korea (RoK).
- Support the HoO in identifying, promoting and fostering strategic, partnerships with academic institutions, think tanks, research institutions and the civil societies, and conceptualize policy-oriented research.
- Assist with the preparation of statements, background documents and reports for relevant meetings with governments, international organizations, Civil Society Organizations(CSOs) and others.
- Contribute guidance for the dissemination and exchange of information and documentation on global migration policy issues and institutional positions and by issuing requests for action as appropriate.
- Prepare responses to ad-hoc requests from the partners on migration issues.
- Assist in the drafting of papers on migration policy issues and contribute to policy and program formulation
- Manage and organize events including drafting and sending out briefings and invites, coordinating response, liaising with venues and organizing logistics
- Prepare and edit mission’s SNS, briefing notes, press releases, media talking points, etc.
- Manage relationship with Korean media.
- Support staff members of IOM ROK’s in various projects and initiatives as needed.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- University degree in Political or Social Science, Business Administration, International Relations, Media, Law, Migration Studies or a related field from an accredited academic with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in project design, management, implementation, administration of migration issues;
- Experience in preparing narrative and financial project reports, statements and/or projections;
- Strong skills in the development of log frames, result matrices and work plans;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with a wide variety of audiences;
- Work experience in the country is an asset.
Complete fluency in both Korean and English is required (oral and written).
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation. Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable. Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighboring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighboring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should submit a PH or an CV (no more than four pages) and a cover letter (no more than one page) in English to email@example.com by midnight Thursday October 24, 2019 at the latest. Please indicate “IOM SVN KR2019-GS- 001 Application_Your name” in the subject line. In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
From 04.10.2019 to 24.10.2019
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
VN Policy and Communications Coordinator, G6 - Internal and External